The Work of Chemical Society in Vojvodina
From The History of Organizing of Chemists And Technologists in Vojvodina.
Text by B.Abramović
The branch of Serbian Chemical Society was established on 23. March 1949. by engineer Ljudevit Slani  in Novi Sad. The first headquarters of branch were in Higher Pedagogical School – Platoneum 
The first president of Society was Viktor Kunc , professor at Higher Pedagogical School, from 1951. to 1963. and since then he was honorary president of the branch.
In 1951. a teaching section was formed, which main goal was improvement of teachers and modernization of curriculum in the field of chemistry. The president was Viktor Kunc.
The branch of Serbian Chemical Society was established also in Zrenjanin in 1952. President of the branch was dr Vojislav Borjanović, retired professor. And in 1954. the branch was formed in Subotica, whose first president was Ferenc Ćisar.
The first and one of the most significant publications of society was released in 1957. “The Guide Through The Industry of Vojvodina” which editor in chief was Viktor Kunc.
Dr Velimir Canić  became the president in 1963. He was associate professor at the Technological Faculty in Novi Sad. He was elected again for presidency from 1967. to 1971. and has recieved honorary presidency in 1975.
Headquarters of the branch were moved to The Institute of Chemistry of The University of Novi Sad . The Expert Team of Students of Chemistry was formed.
Dr Borislav Tomić , professor at the Faculty of Technology in Novi Sad, was elected for president in 1982. until 1894. He was also president of society back in 1966. and gained honorary presidency in 2001.
Dr Miroslav Pergal  was then elected for president of society, from 1971. to 1973. He was associate proffesor at Faculty of Natural Sciencies And Mathematics (further in text we’ll use short version, FNSM). By this time, in 1971. The First Convention Of Chemists And Technologists In Vojvodina was held. And in 1972. The First Convention Of Students Of Pure And Applied Chemistry took place.
Professor at the Faculty Of Technology, dr Miodrag Bogosavljavić , was elected president in period from 1973. to 1977. and then again from 1977. to 1980. In 2001 he recieved honarary presidency.
In 1974, Section of The Branch of Serbian Chemical Society was formed in Kikinda which president was Nikola Lepedat. By 1976. branches of society in Vojvodina have 704 active members, 37% of all members of Serbian Chemical Society.
- Novi Sad 379 members,
- 251 from Zrenjanin,
- 45 from Kikinda, and
- Subotica 29 members.
On December 23rd in 1977. Founding Assembly of Chemical Society of Vojvodina was held in Novi Sad. Assembly, whose chairmen/women were dr Olga Gašić, dr Ferenc Gaál and dr Miodrag Bogosavljević, adopts Statute and elects Executive and Supervisory board of the Society.
For the first president of Chemical Society of Vojvodina dr Miodrag Bogosavljević was elected, proffessor at the Faculty of Technology, for vicepresidents Stevan Jerotijević, dipl. ing. dr Olga Gašić, associate professor at FNSM, Svetolik Ilijić, dipl. Ing. I dr Ferenc Gaál, asistent PMF-a. For secretary of Society dr Mirjana Vojinović, associate professor at FNSM and Aleksandar Dudaković, assistant professor at the Faculty of Technology were appointed.
Dr Ferenc Gáal , associate professor at FNSM at University of Novi Sad, becomes president of Chemical Society of Vojvodina in 1980, until 1982.
From 1984. to 1988. dr Mirjana Vojinović  associate professor at FNSM is the president.
From 1988. to 1990. dr Zoran Petrović  professor at Faculty of Technology is next president of Society. In 1990. dr Aleksandar Dudaković, associate professor becomes president.
Dr Aleksandar Duduković , docent, 1990.
Dr Milan Popović , associate professor at FNSM in Novi Sad is the president of society from 1990, to 1996, and from 1996. to 1998. president of Serbian Chemical Society – Chemical Society of Vojvodina.
A branch at Sremska Mitrovica is established in 1997. President of branch is Danica Desnica, professor of chemistry.
In 1998. dr Radmila Marinković – Nedučin , professor at the Faculty of Technology becomes president of Society, until 2000.
After two years of spontanious work, a branch of Society is established in Vršac, on November 24th 2000. President is Svetlana Radojković, dipl. Ing., and secretary Nikola Oluić, physicists and chemist.
Dr Biljana Abramović , professor at the FNSM was president from 2000. to 2004.
Professor at the Faculty of Agriculture, dr Slavko Kevrešan  was president from 2005. to 2008.
Current president of Society is dr Goran Bošković , professor at the Faculty of Technology, 2009 –
Headquarters of Serbian Chemical Society – Chemical Society of Vojvodina  is moved to The Faculty of Natural Sciences And Mathematics at The University of Novi Sad.
Vojvodina Academy of Sciences and Arts
In 1979. Chemical Society of Vojvodina takes part in activities of establishing Vojvodina Academy of Sciences and Arts.
Dr Paula Putanov, professor of Faculty of Technology at the University of Novi Sad, was elected in 1979. for corresponding member for Vojvodina Academy of Sciences and Arts with support of Chemical Society of Vojvodina.
Union of chemical societies of Yugoslavia
In 1978. Chemical Society of Vojvodina becomes member of Union of Chemical Societes of Yugoslavia. Management of the Union was under Chemical Society of Vojvodina in the period from 1982. to 1984.
Academician Paula Putanov was chosen for the president of Union of Chemical Societes of Yugoslavia, and dr Ferenc Gaál for secretary.
Branches of Society
In past 60 years following branches were established:
- Branch in Zrenjanin,
- Branch in Subotica,
- Branch in u Kikinda,
- Branch in Vršac and
- Branch in Sremska Mitrovica.
Sections of Society
- Section for analytical chemistry,
- Section for organic chemistry,
- Section for biochemistry,
- Section for macromolecules/Section for materials,
- Section for courses of chemistry,
- Section for environmental protection,
- Section for catalysis,
- Section for chemical engineering,
- Section for chemistry and technology of grain and flour and
- Section for chemistry and technology of food.
As one of the most important activities of society, organizing scientific and other events can be considered as such. These assemblies/events can be divided into three categories:
- assemblies organized by Serbian Chemical Society – Chemical Society of Vojvodina which were held in series through longer period,
- assemblies where Serbian Chemical Society – Chemical Society of Vojvodina had a role of host or co-organization, and
- occasional theme assemblies/events.
Assemblies organized by Serbian Chemical Society – Chemical Society of Vojvodina which were held in series through longer period
- Meeting of chemists of Vojvodina,
- Yugoslav conference of students of pure and applied chemistry with international participation, and
- Scientific assembly of chemistry methods.
Meeting of chemists of Vojvodina
Seven meetings was held through years: 1971, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988 and 1991. 
Yugoslav conference of students of pure and applied chemistry with international participation
There was 16 Conferences held. Of those 16, 11 was held in Novi Sad in organization of SCS–CSV. First conference was in 1972. in Novi Sad, as well as the last one in 1988. [20, 21, 22]
Scientific assembly of chemistry methods
Five assemblies were organized: 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997. and 1998.
Assemblies where Serbian Chemical Society – Chemical Society of Vojvodina had a role of host or co-organization
- VII Yugoslav Conference For Chemistry and Chemical Technology, 1983.
- Counselling of SCS.
In Novi Sad there was 8 (9) counseling: 1970, 1973, 1991, 1995, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2007. and XLVIII Counselling of SCS in Novi Sad, 16th and 17th April 2010. [23, 24]
Occasional theme assemblies
8(9) theme assemblies were held:
- VI Symposium of Chemistry and Technology of Macromolecules, 1979.
- Counselling about advanced polyesters, 1981. Counselling about polyurethane, 1983.
- Yugoslav counseling “Oil and protection of water”, 1989.
- III Yugoslav Symposium of chemical engineering, 1991.
- IX Yugoslav Symposium of chemistry and technology of macromolecules, 1991.
- 11th Yugoslav Counselling about general and applied spectroscopy with international participation, 1995.
- 6th Yugoslav Symposium of Biochemistry 1999.
- Competition of young researchers in the field of ceramics, 2007.
- Archives of SCS–CSV
- I. Žigrai, S. Glumac, S. Carić, O. Hadžić, S. Čurčić, 30 Years of Natural And Mathematical Sciences, 15 Years of PMF of Novi Sad, PMF, Novi Sad, 1985.
- J. Popov-Raljić (Ed.), Faculty of Technology, University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Technology, Novi Sad, 1999.
- R. Marinković-Nedučin, R. Šećerov-Sokolović, F. Gaal, 50 Years of Chemical Society of Vojvodina, SCS–CSV, Novi Sad, 2000.
- M. Kukučka, Kikinda with Honor or Glass of Clear Water, Enviro Tech, Novi Sad, 2001.
- M. Gojkov, S. Kamenković, A. Markuš, T. Nikolić, E. Švan, 50 Years of Chemical Society of Zrenjanin, Chemical Society of Zrenjanin, Zrenjanin, 2002.
- B. Abramović, Serbian Chemical Society – Chemical Society of Vojvodina, chapter Serbian Science – Expert Chemical Societies, Serbian Academy of Science And Arts, Belgrade, 2011.